XXVIII Icsid General Assembly
Registration begins at 8:00
1050 Sherbrooke Street West
Montreal, Quebec H3A 2R6 Canada
The Icsid General Assembly convenes biennially, bringing together Icsid's leadership, membership and external stakeholders to discuss the progress of the closing two-year term and prepare for the incoming term’s activities.
The general assembly is the highest authority of Icsid with decisions at the event taken exclusively by council members - i.e., corporate, educational, professional and promotional members. Through the general assembly's structure and process, members are empowered with the responsibility and opportunity to address key issues affecting the industry, guide the future of the organisation by electing new leadership, and align the direction of the organisation with the interests of both the membership and the wider international industrial design community.
The operations of the two-day general assembly meeting are guided by the Icsid Constitution and By-laws, which states that the general assembly has the authority to:
- implement the aims of the organisation
- define the direction of the organisation
- elect the executive board for the subsequent two-year term
- ratify, revoke or reinstate membership
- guide operational and financial decisions
Preparation ProcessPreparation for the general assembly is a lengthy process, which includes the following steps as outlined in the Icsid Constitution and By-laws:
minimum of 6 months prior
- Notice to members of date of general assembly
- Invitation to register for the event
- Notice to council members of motion to amend the constitution
- Call for council members to submit nominations for subsequent executive board
- Call to council members for items for agenda
- Close for items for the agenda from council members
- Close of nominations for subsequent executive board
- Board inform council members of proposed amendments to constitution
- Circulation of advance list of nominees for subsequent executive board
- Publication of list of provisional members to be ratified at general assembly
- Circulation of agenda and Icsid Constitution and By-laws
The following document comprises the constitution and by-laws of the organisation.
Download Icsid Constitution & By-laws (PDF - 180KB)
|The following guide provides useful information to prepare member societies for their direct or indirect participation in the general assembly.
Download General Assembly Overview and Registration Guide (PDF - 319KB)
|Each attending individual should read the terms and conditions before completing the online registration process.
Download XXVIII Icsid General Assembly event terms and conditions (PDF - 347KB)
|Icsid Members nominated to the 2013-25 Executive Board should understand what is expected of them if elected.
Download Expectations of Icsid executive board members (PDF - 114KB)
How to register
Icsid Members must confirm or decline the invitation to attend via the online registration system. Usernames and passwords have been provided in the Notice of XXVIII Icsid General Assembly letter/email issued on 26 April.
Forgot your password?
For technical assistance, please contact the Icsid Secretariat at
VenueHotel Omni Mont-Royal
Book your accommodations online before 28 October 2013 to take advantage of the discounted rate or call 1-800-THE-OMNI to speak with a reservation specialist and use the code Icsid General Assembly to book.
NominationsThe call for board member nominations is now closed. Council members are eligible to nominate or to be nominated from the floor of the general assembly on day one.
Key dates15 March 2013
Notice of General Assembly dates and venue
26 April 2013
Online registration for the general assembly opens
26 April 2013
Invitation to submit nominations to the 2013-2015 Board
18 May 2013
Deadline to submit proposals for amendments to the constitution
18 July 2013
Deadline for proposing items for the agenda
18 August 2013
Deadline for nominations to the 2013-2015 Board
27 September 2013
Agenda Package circulated
1 November 2013
Deadline to register online and/or nominate proxy
18-19 November 2013
XXVIII Icsid General Assembly
For more information on the general assembly please contact the Icsid Secretariat at
Download free Official Tourist Guide that contains all the information you may need to enjoy your stay in Montreal (Canada).